Monday, September 22, 2008

I said, LATER.

 

I have recently setup a dual-boot environment in my box (Vista U64 / XP Pro). While I'm working in newly setup XP environment, I met this familiar friend.

XP Automatic Updates Reboot

Actually I was in the middle of some documentary job, and when this pop-ups, the focus switched from MSWord to this friendly dialogue. Well, much better than the previous one, which will steal your focus and if you are unawared of the focus-changes, hitting ENTER results in a "Restart Now"

Updating your computer is almost complete. You must restart your computer for the updates to take effect. Do you want to restart your computer now?

But I can't leave the dialogue unhandled. It starts counting me, something like "Windows will restart your computer automatically in 4:52 minutes".

OK... my dear windows. Please "Restart Later".

Dialog dismissed, I continue working, although my work flow was interrupted by it.

Few minutes gone. The dialog appears again, asking the same question, and giving me 5 minutes to response until it will restart automatically.

"Restart Later"... When i said later, i meant later.

Few minutes gone. The dialog appears again, asking the same question, and giving me 5 minutes to response until it will restart automatically.

"Restart Later"!!!!!! Hey can't you listen to me!!

Few minutes gone. The dialog appears again, asking the same question, and giving me 5 minutes to response until it will restart automatically.

"Restart Later"!!!!!!! What the hell!!

Few minutes gone. The dialog appears again, asking the same question, and giving me 5 minutes to response until it will restart automatically.

"Restart Now". Yes, I surrender...

No comments: